Welcome to the Warkworth Abundance Project
Who We Are
The Abundance Project is a community based organization focused on promoting healthy eating, sustainable growing practices and food preparation skills. The Abundance Project strives to involve people of all ages and genders in the pleasures of good locally grown and prepared foods. Most events are held in the St. Paul’s United Church kitchen as it is the largest health inspected and approved facility in the community. All Abundance Project events are open to every member of the greater Warkworth community.
- To promote healthy food choices and eating habits within our community
- To accomplish this by providing learning opportunities for all segments of our community related to growing, preparing and eating healthy food
- To initiate longer term growing projects that demonstrate the link between the land and the table
- To use food as a catalyst for social interaction within and across community segments and age groups
- To act as a community hub that links growing, preparing/preserving and eating food
To promote community wellness by developing direct links between producers, preparers and eaters and thereby establishing a local healthy food culture that has a positive economic, social and environmental effect.
- Consumption of healthy foods is central to individual and community wellness
- Every member of our community should have access to healthy foods
- Respect and support of local food producers in every Abundance Project initiative
Note: There are currently no Abundance Project special events scheduled. Please check back later.
The Community Lunch is now happening on the first Tuesday of each month, September to June